Thursday, June 11, 2015

Repurpose Design Series- Barn Wood Cross

 

Welcome to another Repurpose Design Series Reveal Day!

DSC_0979

I decided not to purchase anything at all for this week’s transformation. So, I headed to the barn and found some reclaimed wood that we got from an old building on family land.

DSC_0964

My husband helped me turn it into a cross.

DSC_0965

I painted it in Annie Sloan pure white and distressed it with fine sand paper.

DSC_0967

To add a little interest, I added twine around the middle.

DSC_0968

It looks nice hanging on the wall.

DSC_0970

I just left the twine long in the back to make a loop to hang it from.

DSC_0975

As a variation, I decided to hang some lemon thyme from the cross.

DSC_0976

Oh the possibilities with reclaimed barn wood!

What did you transform for $20 or less this week?

All of the entries are amazing so far! Please share your projects with us by using the #salvageswagger tag. And look for another winner to be announced today :)

 designseriesbutton

Be sure to go visit all of the wonderful, talented hosts to see their fabulous transformations:

Becky @ The Other Side of Neutral

Annie @ Zevy Joy

Ashley @ Little Glass Jar

Wendy @ Life on the Shady Grove

Jolia @ Farm Fresh Homestead

Avery @ East Egg Style

Jennifer @ The Willow Farmhouse

Stephanie @ The Yammering Cabin

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!

Follow along Here on INSTAGRAM to see daily posts :)

Blessings

6 comments:

Jasper's Cottage said...

Your cross is lovely and inspiring. It makes me want to go out and find some old wood to see what I can make from it. jonni

Sea Cottage said...

I love this. I liked the chippy original paint too. It looks lovely on your wall.

I used to make crosses like this out Of driftwood i found on the beach and would tie the twine leaving it long in back for hanging also. That was 20 yrs ago. I need to make them again.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Grab Our Button

BucketsofBurlap