Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Whites from Canton

This weekend we headed off to Canton! First Monday Trade Days in July...we were thinking HOT, however, what we got was a perfect day of shopping!  Not too hot, lots of cloud cover, and a sprinkle here and there.  The crowd was just right and the prices were right on.  So... here's what we found.




Speaking of the weather, did I mention the bottom dropped and poured on
my husband and sweet old man while loading this cabinet in the car...



When I saw these scales I fell in love!
Didn't realize how heavy or how big they were, until we got it home...



The patent reads 1913. Amazing...






Hope you started your day with a cup of coffee
and some wonderful whites!
Have a great Wednesday...
Go see more whites at Faded Charm Cottage

11 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

That cabinet is pure vintage! I would have snagged it if I'd been there. You have a good eye for neat things. I'm visiting from Faded Charm's party.

32˙North said...

Hi Becky,

Sounds like a wonderful and productive trip in the heartland!

Amanda

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

I adore...no scratch that...am completely jealous about that cupboard! OMG!! I tried to be nice really, then the ole green eyed monster reared it's ugly head!
It is totally wonderful! The scales are way cool and girl , you just scored big time!
Way to go!
Smiles,
Beth

Prior said...

Love your Canton finds, what a great cabinet and scales, I only live 20 minutes from there! I loved your chicken feed curtain holders, very original and fun!

Lezlee

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Love all your whites, especially that scale! It's so similar to the one I have.
Enjoy your day!
~ Jo :)

Faded Charm said...

Looks like you scored some great finds. Loving that cabinet......what patina!

Thanks for sharing with us.

Kathleen

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, I love your blog!! It's scrumptious! Thanks for visiting I Owe it All to Him...On Friday-Sunday I'm asking people to link up their favorite Bible verse, so you're welcome to link up and people will visit your blog!
Hugs,
Cindy

glimpse of my world said...

oh i love those scales... i would take those too... stunning.. love your blog!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hello, I would love for you to come out to Judy Hill's show, it'll be a great show. I think I remember seeing those scales and that cabinet...wow what a great find! I hope to meet you soon, Theresa

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Grab Our Button

BucketsofBurlap